We're proud to support communities across our service region by making important community projects possible.
Eligible community groups can apply for funding between $500 to $10,000 per project.
Our Community Grants program funds local projects that make our communities better places to live. This includes projects that:
- help make sure we all know about water and how to use it in the best way possible. support vulnerable community members
- make our environment healthier
- help people be more active and connected.
We also aim to support projects for community groups that we've impacted through a sewer spill, reduced tap water quality or tap water service interruption.
Applications for the next round open 4 March 2024
Timeline for 2024 applications
Your project needs to support one of four aims
Water security and knowledge
Projects that help people understand and act on issues relating to long-term water security like water efficiency and integrated water management.
This also includes projects that help people to build their knowledge about water - from the water cycle to its cultural value.
Projects that support the health of our local environment. For example, our waterways, beaches or green spaces.
Projects that support community members who can't afford basic, daily expenses right now - for whatever reason.
For example, projects that involve employment and business support, meals, accommodation and safety, or financial counselling.
Health and liveability
Projects that help make our communities healthier and better places to live. For example, projects that:
- promote sport and recreation, healthy eating or good mental health
- address issues like homelessness, gambling or family violence.
- illegal activity
- activities that would be considered part of a groups usual operational costs or wages related to usual operations
- sponsorships of any type including individual, group or event
- sponsorship that is passed onto a third party
- excess items surplus to the project
- donations for fundraising teams or individuals for charity
- activities that have negative impacts on health or the environment
- activities that conflict with Victorian Government policy or objectives.
How to apply
Applications open Monday 4 March 2024.
1. Check that
- your project is right for this grant
- your group is eligible
- you meet the terms and conditions .
2.. Apply online by 5pm on Friday 12 April 2024.
We will not accept late applications. You can submit one application per group.
Easy English Community Grant information
Easy English helps to support our customers who have many different abilities and communications needs. It means that all community groups will have access to information that is concise and easy to understand.
Our Easy English Community Grant information is available below.