As your water and sewerage services provider, we promise to provide you with:
To provide drinking water that meets Victoria's strict health standards and is free from unpleasant tastes or odours.
We’ll provide a minimum flow rate, as defined in our service standards. For a standard house that’s 20 litres per minute. This is measured at the front garden tap or your meter assembly.
Fix burst water mains
We’ll attend the site of a burst water main that could cause moderate or substantial damage to property or the environment.
A continuous water supply that isn’t interrupted more than five times in any 12 month period due to unplanned events.
A sewerage service that isn’t interrupted more than two times in any 12 month period.
Fix service interruptions
If there’s an interruption, we aim to restore water service within five hours, and sewerage service within four hours.
Learn more about your rights and responsibilities as a South East Water customer in our customer charter or contact us on 13 28 12.
If you haven’t had a great experience with us, we’d like to know what went wrong and how we can fix it.
Rebates for guarantees service levels
We’re so committed to good service, we’ll give you a rebate in your next bill if we don't deliver to our high standards.
We’ll give a $60 rebate to residential and commercial customers who experience:
- More than five unplanned water supply interruptions in any 12 month period.
- An unplanned water supply interruption that takes longer than five hours to be restored (the interruption time starts when the water supply is lost and ends once supply is fully restored). We won’t give a rebate for an interruption to the water supply when we’re not responsible for the interruption.
- More than two sewerage interruptions during a 12 month period.
- A sewerage service interruption taking longer than four hours to restore. This doesn’tinclude sewer service interruptions in your internal pipe work.
We’ll give a $500 rebate if:
- We restrict the water supply of, or take legal action against, a residential customer before taking reasonable endeavours (as defined by the Essential Services Commission) to contact the customer and provide information about help that’s available if the customer is experiencing difficulties paying.
We’ll give a $1,000 rebate to residential and commercial customers who experience:
- A sewer spill on the property (caused by a failure in our sewer) that takes longer than five hours to contain.
We’ll give a $1,500 rebate to residential and commercial customers who experience:
- A sewer spill within the premises (which is caused by a failure in our system) that takes longer than one hour to contain. This doesn’t apply if the spill was caused by a blockage in the premise’s connection branch.
Please be aware that a Guaranteed Service Level Payment will only be given to the customer responsible for paying the water usage account and will not be given if an event was caused by, or is the responsibility of the customer or a third party.
Customers won’t be eligible for a rebate where they are connected to our water supply by a private main and the interruption is caused by a fault in the private water main.