South East Water Shower Smart - Trial Process Outline
South East Water are undertaking a project in collaboration with the Victorian Department of Environment, Land and Water, the Monash Sustainable Development Institute and the University of Queensland to investigate options to help the Victorian water sector transition to reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 42% by 2025 and to net zero by 2050.
To help you understand the Trial and decide whether you would like to participate, we have set out an overview of the Trial below:
- The Trial will take place over approximately 4 weeks during April to June 2022
- During the Trial Period, you will need: a) handheld shower hose connected in your shower at home and b) a smartphone.
- If you are selected to participate in the Trial, we will send a small Amphiro b1 connect meter (Amphiro), which records how much water and energy your shower is using. See below image
- You will need to install the Amphiro on your handheld shower hose.
- You will then need to download a free App onto your smartphone, which will allow you to transfer the data from the Amphiro to us.
- After 2 weeks of using the Amphiro, you will be prompted to transfer the data using the App.
- We will then send you a new showerhead for you to install in place of your current showerhead on your handheld shower hose, keeping the Amphiro in place.
- After another 2 weeks, you will be prompted to transfer the data using the App.
- The Trial is unpaid. However, at the end of the Trial, you will get to keep the Amphiro and the new showerhead that we will provide to you, which are valued around $200 in total. Your participation will help Australia move closer towards a net zero 2050.
- After the Trial, you will be able to upload the data recorded by the Amphiro for up to 12 months. We will also collect data recorded by your water meter for research purposes for up to 12 months after the Trial.