South East Water is honoured to be recognised as a winner and finalist in several categories at the Australian Water Association’s Victorian awards.
The awards showcase and celebrate innovation, leadership, infrastructure and positive change in the water industry. South East Water is proud to be recognised alongside some of it’s industry partners for its commitment to delivering better customer, community and environmental outcomes to secure a sustainable future.
South East Water took home the Organisational Excellence award for its Environmental Sensitivity Map.
South East Water was also recognised as a research and delivery partner in 2 other winning projects:
- Research and Development Excellence: Biochar to Batteries – Barwon Water, South East Water and The Department of Environment, Energy and Climate Action with Contributing Organisations
- Student Water Prize: Heavy metals recovery and biochar production from biosolids via integrated mild acid pre-treatment and pyrolysis processes – Ibrahim Hakeem, RMIT University
South East Water is honoured to have been a finalist in the following categories:
- Research and Development Excellence: Fate and transport of Microplastics at Australian Water Recycling Plant – South East Water and RMIT University
- Infrastructure Project Innovation: Creating a water sensitive city in Fishermans Bend – South East Water, Melbourne Water and GHD with Contributing Organisations
- Infrastructure Project Innovation: Elster Creek Sewer Upgrade Project – Zinfra, Jaydo Constructions, WSP Joint Venture and South East Water
- Young Water Professional: Marzieh Lotfollahi, Sewer Planning Engineer, South East Water
South East Water Managing Director Lara Olsen said she was proud to see some of the organisation’s key projects and team members recognised by the Australian Water Association.
“We’re committed to taking real and immediate action to improve the experience of our customers and care for our environment so it can be enjoyed by generations to come.
"These projects deonstrate just some of the ways we're achieving this.
“I’m also proud to see Marzieh nominated as Young Water Professional of the Year – she’s an outstanding engineer and a passionate mentor and advocate for women and diversity in STEM and she has achieved so much since joining us as a graduate in 2016.”
South East Water Managing Director, Lara Olsen
Marzieh was nominated not only for her work on several challenging engineering projects, but for her passion and advocacy for women and diversity in STEM. She participates in a number of mentoring programs, inspiring students and other young professionals to pursue careers in water.
All State Winners of the Australian Water Association Awards will progress to the national awards in May 2024.
Complete list of finalists: 2023 VIC Water Awards Finalists
Top image: Environment Compliance Manager, Cody Narlock and Environment Manager, Katrina Hall accept the Organisational Excellence award for the Environmental Sensitivity Map.
Above: South East Water Sewer Planning Engineer, Marzieh Lotfollahi is a finalist in the Young Water Professional category at the 2023 Australian Water Association's Victorian Awards.
For further information or enquiries
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.