Apply for a concession

If you have a valid concession card, you can register to reduce the amount you need to pay. 

In 2023-24, you could receive a discount of up to $354.10 for water and sewerage services and up to $177.05 for a single service (e.g. water only).

If you haven’t already, you’ll need to create a mySouthEastWater account (it's quick and easy, all you need is a copy of your bill).

What cards are eligible?

Pensioner Concession Card
Centrelink Health Care Card
Department of Veterans' Affairs

(except cards marked as 'Dependant')

For more information head to the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing website or call the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 (toll free).

Are there any other criteria?
  • The property you’re applying for must be your main place of residence.

  • The property must be connected to our water and/or sewerage system.

  • The address on your concession card must match the address of the property, so make sure you update your address if you move.

  • If the concession cardholder’s name isn't on the South East Water account, you’ll have to provide evidence that the cardholder contributes to the account. This could be a lease agreement, a private agreement with the account holder or a letter from the account holder.

Download an application form

Make every drop count

Just a few simple changes at home could help you save precious water.

Our charges are changing. We’re making it simpler to manage your bill

So you’ll see a bigger impact on your bill when you save water.

Offering relief in a crisis

The Utility Relief Grant Scheme assists households with paying a mains electricity, gas or water bill that’s overdue due to a temporary financial crisis.