Metrics and targets
The Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TFCD) recommends that organisations should include metrics on climate-related risks where relevant so you can measure and track your progress effectively. We're tracking what we're doing, and what we're aiming for in a number of ways.
We've detailed our efforts to address the climate change problem responsibly in our Climate Adaptation Action Plan.
- TCFD metric 1: Number of risks rated as extreme for 2030
- TCFD metric 2: Proportion of risks rated high with control plans endorsed by Executive
- TCFD metric 3: Percentage of critical assets which have had climate risk assessments
- TCFD metric 4: Proportion of controls evaluated as effective in the Environmental Management System
- TCFD metric 5: Proportion of relevant risks and controls reassessed with 24 months of new information becoming available
Our goals are about understanding, measuring and controlling those risks.