Apply for a concession
Concessions help improve the affordability of key services for low income households. South East Water administers concessions on behalf of the Department of Health and Human Services in consultation with Centrelink and the Department of Veteran Affairs.
If you are the holder of an eligible card and are not already receiving a concession on your account, you can apply for a concession for your principal place of residence. You can load your concession in mySouthEastWater (you'll need to register first in a few easy steps). Alternatively, complete the application form (pdf, 116Kb) or call us on 131 851, 8.00 am - 8.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
What does this concession provide?
- A discount on water and sewerage rates up to a yearly maximum, which is indexed each year.
What cards are eligible?
- Pensioner Concession Card – issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (except cards marked as 'Dependant')
- Centrelink Health Care Card (except cards marked as 'Dependant')
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (except cards marked as 'Dependant')
What are the eligibility criteria?
- The property must be connected to our water and/or sewerage system
- The property must be your principal place of residence
- The address on the concession card must match the address of the property
- If the concession cardholder’s name is not on the SEW account, evidence must be provided that the cardholder contributes to the account. This may be in the form of a lease agreement, a private agreement with the account holder or a letter from the account holder.