Install a food and oil interceptor
A food and oil interceptor is a tank or pit that intercepts food, fat, oil and grease before the waste enters the sewer. If your business is food related, it's a requirement to have Trade Waste Contract and the right-sized interceptor in place before you commence operating.
All food and oil interceptors must be installed by a licensed plumber. Whether your business is a takeaway, restaurant, pub or large food manufacturer, South East Water will install a food and oil interceptor package that fully complies with the guidelines.
What does a food and oil interceptor do?
- Food and oil interceptors slow the flow rate of your waste
to allow the fats and oils to float to the surface and the food waste and solids to settle on the bottom.
- The floating fat and oil and the settled food particles and solids are trapped in the food and oil interceptor and accumulate over time
- Regular pump-outs prevent blockages occurring in the sewerage system and private sewers.
What are your responsibilities?
It is your responsibility to ensure that the food and oil interceptor is pumped out at the intervals stated in your Commercial Trade Waste Consent. South East Water has implemented a system called ‘Wastelog’ to monitor food and oil interceptor pump-outs. This service saves the inconvenience of having to remember to contact and arrange a transporter every time a pump-out is required.
South East Water is here to help
A South East Water licensed plumbing contractor can provide your business with a complete range of food and oil interceptor installation packages.
Why choose South East Water?
- Our staff have the specialised expertise to correctly install your food and oil interceptors
- Our food and oil interceptors are backed by a six-year workmanship warranty.
Signing up couldn’t be easier!
1. Simply call 1300 760 306.
2. Receive a no-obligation free quote.
3. Our licensed plumbers will arrange a convenient installation time.